My good friend A. had sent me a gorgeous devilled egg platter last summer. It was a present for my blog. Writing a food blog is just another means for recieving gifts, and I love it. I had been waiting to put my gift to use since then. When she didn’t see her gift in any of the blog posts she politely asked if I had liked it. Of course I had and I promised her to watch for it during Easter accompanying another batch of devilled eggs. So here it is, Dear Friend, the beautiful dish filled with elegant devilment; much like you. Thank you for it, but most importantly thank you for your affection, encouragement, and confidence in me. You are a true devil and you know it!
These devilled eggs are easy to make. I had enough eggs from my grocery trip yesterday and a bit of smoked salmon remained in the fridge. I also wanted to send some up to my in-laws for an Easter lunch. They have been busy preparing for tonight’s Easter supper for the family and thought they would enjoy a little surprise.
Have a Happy Easter!
Devilled Eggs with Smoked Salmon
- Eggs: 6 medium
- Mayonaise: 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice: 1 tbsp
- Paprika: 1/4 tsp
- Smoked Salmon: 2 tbsp finely chopped + a few fr garnish
- Capers: 2 tbsp
- Red onions: 1 tbsp finely diced
- Dill: 1 tbsp + a few sprigs for garnish
- For a perfect boiled egg: Bring eggs to room temperature. Completely immerse eggs in water. Bring to a rolling boil. Turn off heat and let sit for 15 minutes. Drain the water and add cold water to stop the eggs from further cooking and let them cool. Once could, gently tap the egg shell with the back of a knife handle or spoon to crack them. Dip them in water for the shells to come off easily.
- Cut the eggs in half.
- Seperate yolks.
- To the yolks add mayo, smoked paprika, lemon juice, chopped dill and the chopped smoked salmon and mix till it is creamy. You can add more mayo if you think the mixture is too tight.
- Put the mixture in a piping bag and pipe them into the egg. Chill before serving.
- Garnish with strips of smoked salmon, capers, onion and dill and serve.