A banana bread somehow doesn’t fit into that ‘sophisticated’ section. It just doesn’t. It’s like wearing a sweat shirt two sizes too big with track pants, hair somehow gathered into a bun that resembles a bird nest. It’s awfully comfy but you couldn’t possibly entertain a five course dinner that way. Or, do you? No…even makeup wouldn’t help that!
So, Ms. Banana Bread had to get liquored up before she could delicately balance all the fruits, nuts, and puddings to entertain her crowd.
Banana Bread Trifle with Rum
- Banana Bread: 6 slices approximately
- Whipped cream: 1 cup
- Chocolate pudding: 2 cups
- Bananas: 2 sliced
- Toasted pecans: 1/4 cup
- Chocolate curls or shaved chocolate: 1 tbsp or garnish
- Yellow Kiwi: 2 peeled and sliced
- Dark rum: 1/4 cup (optional)
- If you plan on making an alcoholic version using the rum, lay out the banana bread slices in a tray and drizzle the rum and let it soak in.
- Cut the banana bread slices into small cubes if making one big trifle or discs if making individual arrangements.
- Start arranging the trifle with a layer of sliced bananas, followed by chocolate pudding, pasted pecans, banana bread and whipped cream.
- Make two layers of this arrangement.
- Arrange chocolate curls/shaves and kiwi slices on top before serving.