Mad Men : Sunday, AMC @ 11:30 NDT
Co. : Jalapeno and Shrimp Poppers
Jalapeno and Shrimp Poppers
Makes 8 poppers
YOU WILL NEED:
- Jalapeno peppers: 5
- Large shrimp: 4 pieces with tail on
- Cream cheese: 2 ½ tbsp
- Shredded cheese: ¼ cup (I used cheddar. Monterey Jack is a good alternative, or any other cheese of your choice)
- Chili flakes: ½ tsp
- Garlic: 1/8 tsp grated
- Bacon: 6 slices halved
- Tooth pick: 12
- Pre heat oven at 425 degrees F. Line a broiler pan with aluminum foil, and position broiler rack on top of pan. Lightly coat the rack with vegetable oil if you like. Makes cleaning later easy.
- Half the jalapenos and scoop out the seeds and the rind. Make sure all the seeds are out or else you will end up with one fiery popper!
- Clean shrimp and butterfly it.
- Mix cream cheese, grated garlic, chili flake and shredded cheese.
- Fill the cavity of the jalapeno peppers with the cheese mixture. Wrap half a slice of bacon around the filled peppers and secure with a toothpick.
- Fill the shrimp with the cream cheese filing along the spine. Wrap half a slice of bacon around and secure with tooth pick.
- Place on broiler and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until bacon is cooked to your liking.
- Remove toothpick before serving if you like.
- Serve hot.