Lisa: I’m going to become a vegetarian.
Homer: Does that mean you’re not going to eat any pork?
Lisa: Yes Dad!
Lisa: Dad all those meats come from the same animal!
Homer: Right Lisa, some wonderful, magical animal!
For 6 Candied Bacon You Need:
- Bacon: 6 low salt medium cut
- Maple Syrup: 3 tbsp
- Cayenne: ¼ tsp (adjust to taste if you like mild)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a broiler pan with aluminum foil, and position broiler rack on top of pan. Lightly coat the rack with veg oil if you like. Makes cleaning later easy.
- Combine the maple syrup and cayenne and stir to mix well.
- Place bacon in a single layer on broiler rack and brush bacon with syrup.
- Place in oven. After 7 minutes, flip the bacon and brush other side with syrup.
- Bake until the bacon is crisp and the syrup is bubbly about 15- 18 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain briefly, then to a plate or serving dish to cool. (Can be made several hours ahead) Serve warm or at room temperature.
Oh, and one more thing, they should definitely not be called ‘Man-Candy’!
Veggie bacon?!? That sounds like a sign of the Apocalypse. ~ Turtle Dundee